Inventory Unit Detail
2009 Yamaha XVS 950
RIGHT BIKE. RIGHT TIME. RIGHT NOW.
Meet the all-new V Star 950, a bike with the Roadliner's long and low neostreamline style and stance, scaled down to a more manageable size and price range. The Tourer includes a windshield, leather-wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest.
- Whether heading out on the open road or commuting to work or school, the V Star Tourer is ready to roll out with a windshield, leather-wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest.
- As a new benchmark in middleweight cruiser class, the V Star 950 Tourer brings it all together in an exciting new package. A muscular 942cc air-cooled V-twin engine with plenty of distinctive, big-cruiser character and pulsing torque feel. A full-sized chassis for spacious comfort, with a long, low look that also means an extra-low seat height so valued by riders without extra-long inseams. Sporty, responsive handling that makes riding on curvy back roads or commuting around town as much fun as cruising the open highway. V Star 950 Tourer has the credentials to appeal to seasoned riders just as much as those looking for an entry-level, confidence-inspiring machine.
- The new 942cc 60° V-twin engine is both simple and sophisticated. Traditional air cooling is used, but this engine also has four-valve cylinder heads, ceramic-composite-lined cylinders, forged aluminum pistons, and fuel injection for spirited performance. A straightforward SOHC design is used, with special compact roller-type rocker arms, helps to keep the top end lighter for more mass centralization. The stylish 2-into-1 exhaust system has been meticulously tuned to provide an exceptionally pleasing, yet throaty exhaust note, yet it also includes 3-way catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
- There's more going on in the newly designed double-cradle steel frame than its decidedly clean, simple appearance. The steel main frame, which uses the engine as a stressed member of the chassis, has been carefully designed to offer an ideal rigidity balance in the longitudinal, lateral, and torsional directions. That translates to an exceptionally light feeling that riders are sure to appreciate. The front tire is mounted on a large, 18-inch wheel, and engine mounting position is slightly forward to optimize front-rear weight distribution, all of which contributes to the V Star 950's outstanding handling performance, not only in cruising but on winding roads as well.
- The V Star 950 Tourer brings styling to a sleek new level, one we call the streamlined “New Style Classic.” As your eye runs along the entire body, you see the influence of a single, horizontal line almost as if the wind has sculpted the machine. The headlight and low-profile fuel tank are designed to accentuate the bike's light, low look, as is the openness around the engine and front wheel. The beautiful leather saddlebags are shaped to complement the overall lines, while the windshield adds a classic look and functionality.
- The 942cc (57.5 cu. in) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60° V twin. With four valves per head, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio, this engine has been carefully designed to produce excellent power characteristics – and best-in-class acceleration
- To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special compact roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used.
- The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel air charge into the center of the piston for faster combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite-plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
- High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high-strength compact design that contributes to reduce vibration.
- The designers realized that engine's V twin character was so pleasing on its own that a counterbalancer was unnecessary. This also contributes to simplicity and less operating noise.
- Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the V Star 950 Tourer. The injectors are 4-hole, two-directional types with spray aimed at the valve surfaces. That produces good fuel atomization for faster and more complete combustion which contributes to excellent drivability. The fuel injection system also adopts an ISC (Idling Speed Control) valve for outstanding idling stability.
- Lubrication is provided by a simple, reliable wet sump system.
- The 5-speed transmission is all new, with a smooth shifting feeling, and gear ratios spaced to let the rider take full advantage of the engine's torque characteristics and enjoy comfortable cruising at highway speeds. Naturally, power is efficiently transferred to the rear wheel using simple, quiet belt drive.
- The engine's look is highly detailed, with polished cylinder fins and beautifully chrome-plated cylinder head covers, for an exceptional appearance sure to be noticed.
- The V Star 950 Tourer achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4.4 gallons of gas.
- The steel double-cradle frame is long and low, contributing to the bike's spacious 95.9-inch (2435mm) overall length and 66.3-inch wheelbase. That means a great ride to go along with the great looks.
- With a seat height a mere 26.5 inches off the pavement, one of the lowest around, and a fuel tank that's made as narrow as possible where it meets the seat, it is easy for most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
- Fenders are real steel, front and rear. That adds to the quality look and feel, and makes customization easier.
- The big 18-inch front wheel helps deliver this cruiser motorcycle's sporty handling characteristics and “New Style Cruiser” looks. The low-profile 130/70-18 tire is mounted on a newly designed 8-spoke lightweight aluminum wheel. The 170/70-16 bias ply rear tire adds a beefy look and helps transfer all that torque and power to the pavement.
- Large 320mm front and 298mm rear discs provide strong braking capacity with excellent feel.
- Front forks feature big 41mm tubes, and rear suspension is a bottom-link-type monocross shock. Settings are calibrated to deliver a plush ride that is increasingly firm as the suspension is compressed for good handling and comfort over bigger bumps in the road.
- The V Star 950 Tourer has a wonderfully light feel. Surprisingly, even though it has a full-size chassis and full touring gear, the bike weighs just 658 pounds wet, with a full tank of gas and all fluids.
- The newly designed large-diameter meter is mounted on the fuel tank for a traditional look. Meter functions include speedometer, fuel level warning light, oil level warning light, and odometer with two trip meter functions, fuel trip meter, and clock display. The LCD display illumination can be adjusted using a right side handlebar switch.
- Engine Type: 942 cc air-cooled 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
- Bore x Stroke: 85.0 x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork, 5.3-in.travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock, 4.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Hydraulic disc, 320 mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Tires/Front: 130/70-18M/C 63H
- Tires/Rear: 170/70-16 M/C 75H
- Wheels: 8-spoke cast
- Length: 95.9 in.
- Width: 39.4 in.
- Height: 42.5 in.
- Seat Height: 26.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 66.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
- Trail: 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 47 mpg
- Wet Weight: 612 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
- 942 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 85 x 83 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, 5.3-in.travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock, 4.3-in Travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic Disc, 298 mm
- Front Tire
- 130/70-18M/C 63H
- Rear Tire
- 170/70-16 M/C 75H
- 66.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.5 in.
- 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- 47 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 612 lbs.
- 5-Speed; Multiplate Wet Clutch
- Final Drive
- Liquid Silver, Raven, Candy Red (USA ONLY); Deep Metallic Red, Silver 3, Metallic Black (CANADA ONLY)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)