Inventory Unit Detail
2013 KTM 350 SX-F
For 2 years now, the KTM 350 SX-F has been demonstrating that races are not decided by displacement. This unique bike supplies the power and performance of a 450 combined with the handling of a 250. Now the MX1 championship bike is entering MY 2013 with a revamped engine, an improved chassis and new bodywork.
- Design: 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³ (21.34 cu in)
- Bore: 88 mm (3.46 in)
- Stroke: 57.5 mm (2.264 in)
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Gearbox: 5-gear, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Pressure circulation lubrication with two Eaton pumps
- Primary transmission: 24:73
- Secondary ratio: 14:50
- Cooling: Water cooling, permanent circulation of coolant by water pump
- Clutch: Multidisc clutch in oil bath/hydraulically activated
- Ignition: Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment
- Frame: Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA CC
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Suspension travel Front: 300 mm (11.81 in)
- Suspension travel Rear: 317 mm (12.48 in)
- Brake system: Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Brake discs - diameter Front: 260 mm (10.24 in)
- Brake discs - diameter Rear: 220 mm (8.66 in)
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5°
- Wheelbase: 1,495±10 mm (58.86±0.39 in)
- Ground clearance, unloaded: 375 mm (14.76 in)
- Seat height, unloaded: 992 mm (39.06 in)
- Total fuel tank capacity, approx.: 7.5 l (1.98 US gal)
- Super unleaded (ROZ 95/RON 95/PON 91)
- Weight without fuel, approx.: 106 kg (234 lb.)
- Wheels: The wheels are fitted with lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and high-end EXCEL rims, plus new, black-coated spokes with aluminium nipples, guaranteeing the highest levels of stability while keeping weight to a minimum. The Dunlop GEOMAX MX51 tires stand for excellent traction and performance. For the benefit of greater ride stability on the KTM 2013 350 SX-F, the rear axle has been increased in diameter from 20 mm (0.79 in) to 25 mm (0.98 in).
- Brakes: Brakes from Brembo® are standard equipment on KTM motocross bikes and, together with lightweight Galpher wave-type brake discs, they are recognized as the measure of all things in terms of application and brake performance. At the rear wheel, the brake caliper carriers have been adapted to the larger axle diameter for MY 2013.
- Frame: The modern frame design of lightweight, high=strength, chromoly steel section tubes guarantees an ideal mix of longitudinal and torsional stiffness, resulting not only in easy handling and precise steering behavior, but also in excellent ride stability. The four-stroke frames impress in MY 2013 with a stiffening of the frame triangle and thinner-walled down tubes. This leads to an improvement in tracking stability (increased torsional stiffness) accompanied by a reduction in weight. The engine braces to the cylinder head have also been optimized, along with their attachment to the frame. The frame bears a new color on the 2013 KTM 350 SX-F and it is still the benchmark in terms of weight and stability.
- Telescopic Fork: The further improved 48 mm (1.89 in) upside-down fork featuring closed-cartridge technology has been optimized with completely revamped settings made specifically for the United States MX market for perfect harmony with the new frame and engine. The new oil is significantly more wear-resistant and guarantees more consistent damping throughout both the course of a race and the bike's life cycle. A new lower triple clamp is 80 g (2.82 oz) lighter and, just like the upper triple clamp, CNC-machined from high-quality aluminum, whereby the steering characteristics, and hence, the responsiveness of the fork have been noticeably improved.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum swingarm has been developed with state-of-the-art calculation and simulation software and constructed, in terms of design and wall thickness, for minimum weight with optimum stiffness and sufficient flex. For the 2013 KTM 350 SX-F, engineers have redesigned the rear section of the swingarm to allow installation of a larger rear wheel axle (25 mm (0.98 in) instead of 20 mm (0.79 in)) for the benefit of better tracking stability. Moreover, they have succeeded in reducing weight by more than 100 g (3.53 oz) by revising the bolts, cups and nuts on the linkage.
- Revamped Engine: The advantage of the KTM 350 SX-F has always been its weight. And now the bike's heart is even lighter. Another 500 g (17.64 oz) and more have been lost thanks to the new die-cast housing. The extremely short-stroked DOHC power unit, equipped with the latest generation of EFI, excels with its even wider rev range and exceedingly efficient rideability. And, just like all KTM four-strokes, it can be activated with an electric-starter.
- Cylinder Head: The modifications to the 350 cm³ (21.36 cu in) DOHC engine can be summarized very easily: more power at less weight. Flow-optimized ducts supply greater gas flow and better cylinder charging. Strengthened valve heads and valve seats plus valve springs with a higher spring force make it possible for the lightweight titanium valves to withstand the increase in maximum engine speed from 13,000 rpm to 13,400 rpm. Or more simply said: more power for the new 2013 KTM 350 SX-F.
- Crankshaft: Factory bike or production bike? You'll find no difference in the crankshaft. Just like last season's KTM factory machines, the crankshaft on the new 2013 KTM 350 SX-F is equipped with a revolutionary plain bearing in the lower conrod eye. In conjunction with the stiffened crankshaft and a lighter piston, this design is a key prerequisite for increasing the maximum engine speed to 13,400 rpm and the impressive peak performance of the 350 cm³ (21.36 cu in) engine. But not everything revolves around pure power. One major benefit is an extension to the service intervals for the crankshaft; a benefit in terms of time and costs.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- 21.34 cu. in. (349.7 cm³)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.46 in. (88 mm) x 2.264 in. (57.5 mm)
- Water cooling, permanent circulation of coolant by water pump
- Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA CC
- Front Brakes
- Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Dry Weight
- 234 lb. (106 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.98 US gal. (7.5 L)
- 58.86±0.39 in. (1,495±10 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 14.76 in. (375 mm)
- Seat Height
- 39.06 in. (992 mm)
- 5-gear, claw shifted
- Final Drive